DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARDS
Professional Achievement and Career or Military Service Distinction: The recipient attained prominence through his or her efforts in their chosen field/industry of work; service in the military or other worthy endeavors that form a record of accomplishment and impact.
Service to Society: The recipient exhibits integrity and a demonstrated commitment to service through an interest in bettering the lives of others through volunteer/community efforts.
Service and Support of South Charleston High School: The recipient’s deeds and actions reflect the importance of his or her educational training, pride in alma mater and loyalty to South Charleston High School, as demonstrated through their interest in and support of the school, its students and its programs.
- Eligible nominees include all students who graduated from SCHS in 1993.
- Former students may be nominated posthumously.
- These awards are given for outstanding achievement. No compromises will be made.
Method of Nomination:
Nominations for a Distinguished Alumni Award may be made by any of the following individuals or groups:
- Any member of SCHS Class of 1993
- Any member of the administration, faculty or staff of SCHS (Current or Past)
- No Self or Anonymous Nominations will be accepted.
Nominations will be accepted using the following guidelines:
A nomination form and all supporting documentation must be submitted.
In addition to completing and submitting the Award Nomination Form, nominators must provide supporting items that further distinguish the Nominee. Such items include, but are not limited to:
- Letters from non-family members that specifically address the criteria (At least one)
- Current biography or curriculum vitae for the individual
- Newspaper and magazine articles supporting the nomination
- Personal stories
- Award or certificates of achievement
- Other items of interest
Nomination forms, for each nominee, will be held for a period of one year. The name of the nominator will not be disclosed as a part of the awards and presentation process. The current class reunion committee will review each nomination received and will make the final decision on honorees. Deadline for submission of nominations and supporting documentation is: August 1, 2018; 11:00 pm EST.
Method of Selection:
- The maximum number of honorees selected will be five (5).
- No limitation will be placed on the total number of nominations accepted for consideration.
- One nomination per individual will be considered.
Any questions or concerns can emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org